Sunday, May 25, 2008

This is the PAXnorth 60::60 Experiment

  "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, 
and do not lean on your own understanding.
 In all your ways acknowledge him, 
and he will make straight your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your flesh, 
and refreshment to your bones." 
-Proverbs 3: 5-8

How do you know the will of God in your life? How do I find out what God wants from my life?
 Live out a relationship with God through Jesus today; Do what he wants you to do today. Confront those things in your life that He wants you to confront today. Determine to listen, mediate on His Word and live out the actions and attitudes He wants you to today. Take daily steps with God today and ten years from now you will look back over your life and discover that through it all, you have been walking with God!
   In response to the study of Proverbs and the desire to walk daily with God PAXnorth has been challenged to put into practice a renewed awareness of the presence of God in our daily lives by entering into the 60.60. Experiment.  
1. Visit this www.6060x.com
2. Read "What is 60.60" 
3. Get a watch that has an hourly alarm
4. Every time (each hour) the alarm on you watch sounds
       Ask yourself these questions (or questions like these)
               - Where is God? Have I been aware of God's presence in the last hour?
               - God, what do you want from me right now? What can I do to honor you right now?
               - God, help me to be aware of Your presence  as I go through this next hour.
5. Some time in your day take a few minutes to write YOUR comments and experience of practicing the presence of God in your everyday life HERE- on the PAXnorth 60::60 Experiment page!
6. The Commitment is from 60 days of when you joined!
      Let us know that you are engaging in this awesome experiment so we can pray for you!
     
        

8 comments:

Brad Somers said...

I have been working on doing the 60.60x here is what I have discovered so far: WOW I don't recognize the person of God nearly enough in my life.
It is not just a bit shameful that when I hear my watch beep and then take a minute to reflect on what's gone down in the last hour and discover that the greatest thing that gets out of check is my heart's attitude. So how was my attitude when I had to speak to my kids, when things didn't seem to go the way I wanted, when my wife needed me to stop what I was doing and address an issue. Yeah, a few times I had to apologize both to God and to others.

Anonymous said...

Although I don't have a watch that beeps every hour, I still remind myself of the 60.60x. I am finding that I am recognizing more and more the presence of God in the mundane...from eating and drinking to tying my shoes. He holds all things together and works in everything...every second, nanosecond...all of the time!

Nev A.D. Doncaster

Amy J said...

For me, wearing a watch has been as annoying as having one that beeps every hour. With the 60:60x, Most of my hours lately have been fill studying, and it has just amazing to reflect on the knowledge of God, that he know everything! The theories, and mechanics, the processes into how things were made, because he created it all, before we even though of it!

Amy J

Anonymous said...

It has been difficult the last few days to keep my mind/ focused and reminded that I am living in the presence of God, each moment. PAXmen were out for the Indiana Jones movie and wings last night. It is always a powerful thought to think how 'collectively' we are living out faith before a watching world and together in God's presence. Just a good time hanging out laughing at the absolute impossible scenes of "Jones" and the 'aliens' ahhh the aliens.
Bad

Anonymous said...

This 6060 thing takes a renewed daily commitment. I stayed up late last night watching the hockey game- like 2a.m; Was able to get up for 6:45 and head to prayer time at Clyde's. What an excellent start to recognizing the presence of God. I found that this start to the day gave me a renewed energy- "The Spirit of God renews us day by day". This pushed me to focus on prayer and fasting for the day. This greatly influenced my attitude towards all of the 'unexpecteds' today. Recognizing the presence of God gives us new energy and a disciplined attitude- God's lesson for me for the day:)
Brad

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning now. I put in in the back of my mind until I was going through my emails and remembered. Guess it's a good thing. It needs to be at the front.
I don't have a watch with a timer on it, so I'll probably not do to well untill I get one, and I plan on that being tomorow.
Honestly, I can't wait. Anything that snaps me into God conscienceness picks me back up, where ever I am. Lately it's been at work when I get the grumbles under my breath. I rememeber (and sometimes sing) the song "Make Me a Servant". It always keeps me going.
"Make me a servant,
Humble and meek,
Lord let me lift up those who are week,
And may the prayer of my heart always be,
make me a servant,
make me a servant,
make me a servant today."


In Christ,
Amy G

Anonymous said...

The beginning of another week. Continuing this 60:60x - One of the growing needs I have been burdened towards in reflecting on the presence of God each hour is really, how shallow my prayer life is. I have been burden this last two weeks to enter into the directed discipline of fasting and praying as a regular part of my spiritual walk and not merely in time of high crisis. Continually struggling to make this an HOURLY reflection...you probably are to.
B

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's been slow going at this. Sometimes I remember, and sometimes I don't! Maybe it would help if I wore my watch more often...nonetheless, the Lord is faithful and is challenging me to focus more on Him by the hour and minute!

Kudos

Nev A.D. Doncaster